Monday, March 25, 2013

More Than My Backyard


I live in a 4 apartment building that was once a single family house until the '70's when it was split into what it is now. 
Before hurricane Katrina it also had 2 other apartments underneath, but those have been remained untouched and are now storage for the landlords.
 In the back of the building we have 3 designated parking spots, a small area that was once grassy, and then a small storage shed. Which I swear that thing is being held up by the vines themselves. The rest is of the area is wild & unmanaged foliage and the items that are not covered in untamed nature are pretty much unrecognizable from the extent of rust. 
So one day I decided to submerse myself in this neglected world and try to capture the beauty, which I fully believe there is beauty in the ugliest of places, and people. 





                                            


















 

    



No comments: